About Me

My photo
45 year old partnered with the love of my life, with a 28 year old daughter, 23 year old step-son, 19 year old step-son, 16 year old step-daughter, a 9 year old step-son and a 4 1/2 year old son. I now have 5 male cats and 1 female bunny that I adore. I had to rehome 2 kitties last September and 2 kitties passed away in November so things have been sad this past year. I love contests as I'm sure you can tell. I also love tattoos, looking at other peoples' and getting my own (I've had 17). I met the man of my dreams, living right next door! We plan to get married this year and to homestead within the next 2 years.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Baby's 21st Birthday Dinner

We went out to dinner tonight. My daughter invited us to go out to dinner with her friend's at Jack Astor's...very good food and not too pricey, by the way. I can't believe that she would invite her parents to go out to dinner with all her friends on her 21st birthday dinner. Her birthday is actually on Tuesday but with school and all, she chose to celebrate this weekend. I felt very special to know that she still wants to have her parents around her and that she isn't embarassed to have us out with her friends. As I read this to my husband, I started to cry because I realized that my baby is really turning 21 in 3 days. Where has all the time gone? She used to be so small and needed me so much. Now she is a young woman, whom I am extremely proud of, who just doesn't need me as much anymore. I hope there doesn't come a time where she doesn't need me at all. :(

2 comments:

  1. Considering she's 21 and still needs you and wants to chill with you, I would say she will always be that way :) I'm 23 and my mom is one of my best friends.
    It does suck that kids have to get older, my little guy is 14 months and I can't believe how time has flown already! It just goes by way too fast. I hope when he's 21 he'll still want to hang out w/me. Though I don't even want to think about him being 21 yet! :)
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time does fly by...enjoy the every moment while it lasts. Yes, she does still want to "chill" with me and I love every minute of it. She is one of my best friends too. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete